Wednesday 23 November 2016

BOOK REVIEW // ME BEFORE YOU

Hi Readers,

By now I'm sure you will all have been to see the movie version of this book! Regardless, I wanted to talk about it. Today it's Jojo Moyes' 'Me Before You.'

This was a really solid book. The story is so beautiful, and actually raised a lot of conversation about some of the issues raised - I'd recommend having a look through some of the Goodreads comments and reviews for this because it's very fascinating (be prepared for spoilers though!). You can tell the subject has been either well researched, or Moyes has had experience with someone who is a quadriplegic.

The characters are really good too, Lou is a really sweet girl, and is very relatable because she's so goofy! Will is also really good, and as a reader, you find him just as mysterious as Lou does. The only thing I'd criticise about them is the fact that their relationship went from 0-60 in about 2 seconds. I thought it was a bit unrealistic.


I also don't want to give anything away but oh my god, THE ENDING! Have tissues at the ready, and I can guarantee if the movie made you cry you're in for a rough time with the book. There's also a lot more to the book which makes the whole experience more enjoyable, and develops both the story and the characters more.

Overall, I really enjoyed this. It's a super easy read - I think I finished it in about two days, it's romantic, emotional, down to earth and different from the usual 'beautiful boy falls in love with a beautiful girl' love story. It's not normally the type of book I'd go out to buy, but I'd definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment