Wednesday 8 March 2017

DEAF HAVANA // O2 ABC GLASGOW

Hi Readers,

So a couple of weeks ago I went to see Deaf Havana in Glasgow at the O2 ABC and it was unreal! Deaf Havana have been a long time favourite of mine, and this was probably the 5th or 6th time I've seen them live. They had a load of new material to play because their new album came out just a few days before (it's called All These Countless Nights, and you should definitely have a listen to it!).


The support bands were all pretty good too - a guy called Holiday Oscar started as the crowd was coming in, followed by a Dundee band called The Mirror Trap and ending with Dead!. Dead were probably my personal favourite, but I have to give it to all three of them, their energy was incredible. 


Deaf Havana hit the stage at about 8.30 and they were so incredible. I've never heard them sound so atmospheric, the genuinely sounded like they were playing an arena or stadium rather than the O2 ABC. The setlist was everything I wanted it to be, and there was no songs that I wish they'd played instead. 

If, like me, you've been a fan of the band for a long time you'll know that their early music is substantially different to the stuff they're releasing now, and the band never play anything from their first couple of albums, which I thought I'd be a bit disappointed about but hearing the setlist any of their old music would have been massively out of place. 
I absolutely loved this gig, it completely reminded me why I love live music so much and I can't wait until the next one! Hope you enjoyed this quick little post! As always, you can catch me on;
Facebook - jess.massie.73
Twitter - @jessmassie_
Instagram - @jessicamassie_
Snapchat - jessmassie



No comments:

Post a Comment