Wednesday 8 February 2017

MY WEEK IN MEALS

Hi Readers, 

This week I thought I'd do a different kind of post and show you five dinners/recipes that I absolutely love. For the past 4 months I've been doing the No S Diet, which you can read about by clicking here. The No S Diet isn't much of a diet, it's basically no snacks, no sweets and no seconds except on days that begin with S or special occasions. I've mentioned before how plans like Weight Watchers or Slimming World aren't for me because they are too restricting - I wouldn't deal well with points or syns and such like. I also know that for me those plans wouldn't be sustainable for life, but with the No S Diet I know this is just the way I live now. 

So because of this new frame of mind and lifestyle, if you will, I've been trying more and more recipes because of how good this diet makes me feel, and how it makes me strive to be healthier and try new things. Here are some of my favourites, enjoy!


The first is my Bolognese Pasta bake. Give me anything covered in cheese and I'll eat it! To make this simply preheat your oven at 180 degrees. Cook your pasta, drain it and leave to one side. In a pan, stir fry onion, garlic, carrot mushrooms and mince for around 6-7 minutes. Add crushed or canned tomatoes, beef stock and some oregano for flavour. When it starts to bubble, cover it and leave it to cook for around 20 minutes on a medium heat. When cooked, spoon half your sauce into a baking dish then cover it with pasta before adding the rest of the sauce and cheese. Bake for around 25-30 minutes. It's that easy and so delicious! 


Next is Ratatouille, and this is probably my favourite of all these dishes. I never knew how simple it was and it's so so tasty and healthy. I could eat this for life and never get sick of it. To make ratatouille, simply slice up your vegetables - I use aubergine, sweet potato, tomatoes and courgette. Then, fry together onion, garlic and a pepper, adding salt and pepper to season. Add some tomato passata and basil. Once bubbling, arrange the veg around the pan in order - aubergine, tomato, sweet potato, courgette, aubergine, tomato, etc. - on top of the sauce. After around 5 minutes, move it into a baking dish and bake for around 30 minutes. In a small dish (I use an egg cup, #studentlife) mix together basil, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper and add a tiny bit of oil to sprinkle across the top of your ratatouille. It's so good! 


Next is Pizza Frittata, which didn't go 100% to plan the first time I made it because the sauce was a little too runny, but it was still absolutely amazing! It's similar to a quiche, but felt like such a light meal, and I used it as a way to cut down my carbs a little bit to help boost my weightless. I found the recipe on Rachel Ray Every Day, which you can see here.


Next up is a good old classic. It's simple, quick to make and always reminds me of home. Vegetable soup is a great way to flush out your system and get those veggies packed in! I add leek, onion, potato, carrots and lentils to a pot, add a vegetable stock cube or stock pot and water and leave until it's bubbling - it's that easy. An absolute favourite, and what's even better is there are always leftovers! 



Last is a bit of an unusual one. These are Vegetable Packed Paleo Salmon Cakes, and they were absolutely delicious! Again, on my mission to cut out carbs for the week I found this recipe on Cotter Crunch, which you can read here. My only problem? I bought canned salmon as recommended only to discover I had no can opener.. So instead I replaced it with some sweet chilli chicken that needed eaten in the fridge. It didn't disappoint! I paired it with a tomato, chicken and avocado salad and was amazed at how filling the meal was! Will definitely make this again! 

So that's it - five meals for five nights of the week, all pretty healthy and all some of my new favourites. I hope you enjoyed this post, I'd love to do more like this! I hope you have a wonderful week, and as always you can find me on;
Facebook - jess.massie.73
Twitter - @jessmassie_
Instagram - @jessicamassie_
Snapchat - jessmassie





No comments:

Post a Comment