Wednesday 25 January 2017

GRWM // JOB INTERVIEW

Hi Readers,

As you may have guessed by the title, this week I got a job (yaaaay!). I'll now be working weekends at WHSmith, which as a lifetime customer of theirs, is very exciting to me - discounted books... hello!

So this week I thought I'd show you the makeup I wore to my interview. With trying to get hired I feel like simplicity is key and to stay as natural and plain as possible tends to be what works for me. I don't even risk curling my hair for interviews incase it ends up out of place, too flat, all over the place, etc.



So for this look I started out with Kat Von D's 'Innerstellar' Palette, which is just incredible! I used Gravitron first, all over my eyelids and slightly up into my crease, then lightly dust over it with Lunacy, going a little bit darker towards the outer corners. The glitter in Lunacy adds a bit more sparkle to the outfit, but is so subtle it doesn't look like too much for a job interview. 



I then do a very fine line across my top lid using Kat Von D's 'Tattoo Liner.' This is honestly the most amazing eyeliner I have ever used. It stays on for so long and it's the perfect brush for applying any type of eyeliner - thick, thin, winged, etc. 



To finish my eyes off I applied a layer of Avon's 'superSHOCK' mascara. This isn't the best mascara I've ever used - its very thick and gloopy, and the brush is far too big meaning that too much product gets clogged up on the brush which leaves clumps on my eyelashes, but for someone with very little eyelashes anyway it does the job. 


If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll know how much I love this foundation. I've been buying this for about 3 years now and I love it so much! It's amazing coverage, it lasts all day without needing to reapply and matches my skin perfectly (I'm the palest shade). 


Again, if you know me you know my go-to powder is Rimmel London's 'Stay Matte' Powder. I think matte is such an important factor in my makeup, especially when you're nervous and sweaty before a job interview! This is also really long lasting and so easy to top-up if you need to (I usually don't). 


I finish off my cheeks with Nars Contour in the shade 'Olympia' (I'm not sure if that's the shade or the name of the kit, but I couldn't work it out from the back of the product). Its a gorgeous pink colour and I think it goes really well with my complexion and skin tone. 


I then finish the look off with Nyx 'Soft Matte Lip Cream' in shade 'London.' Its a gorgeous nude colour. 

I then quickly straighten my hair and pop on some smart clothes, and boom! Good to go. Good luck with any interviews you might have coming up and as always, you can find me on; 
Facebook - jess.massie.73
Twitter - @jessmassie_
Instagram - @jessicamassie_
Snapchat - jessmassie


No comments:

Post a Comment